Exams at Malmö University
New procedure for sit-in exam registration from March 14.
From March 14 students will no longer be able to register for exams via the Student Self Service/Ladok Student. Instead, you will need to log in to the schedule administration system Kronox with your computer-id.
Here you will find information about written sit-in exams and take-home exams. The lecturer on the course will inform you about which type of assesment that applies. Written sit-in exams take place at a certain location and time, while take-home exams are to be completed at home and submitted before a specified deadline.
You are required to register for all sit-in exams at Malmö University. If you have not registered on time, you will not be permitted to take the exam and must wait for a re-sit. Almost all written sit-in exams at the university take place at Gäddan (G8).
How to register
Register for a written sit-in exam by logging into schedule administration system Kronox. The registration will open 21 days before the exam and close 7 days before the examination date. The same applies for re-sits.
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Under the tab ‘Exams’ you will find the exams which are open for registration.
Problems with registration?
If you have difficulties registering in Kronox you can email the exam administration at email@example.com. This also has to be done before the registration is closed, no less than seven days before the examination date. The email should include your name, personal identity number, course code and the exam date.
Check the time and place of the exam
Before the exam, it is important that you check to make sure you have the right building, room and time for the exam. Changes can be made at short notice.
If you need special support
If you have a disability, such as dyslexia, ADHD, or impaired vision, you can apply for special support based on your individual needs. Read more about our Disability Service here.
If you have been granted special support during exams (e.g. access to a computer or extra time), in addition to the exam registration in Kronox, you also need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 14 days before the exam. Please include:
- Your name
- Your personal identity number
- Course code pertaining to the exam
- Date and time of the exam
- Decision on support/aid
- The decision on support (as an attachment).
If you have received a confirmation about writing your exam in a separate room, you have to inform your lecturer about this. You will find the room number in the confirmation sent by the exam administration.
Rules that apply at exams
- Arrive in good time
- The doors will open 15 minutes before the exam begins
- Students must present a valid photo ID to be allowed entry – no exceptions. Valid forms of ID include your multi-pass with your picture, passport, Swedish driver’s license or a Swedish/international ID card.
- Only registered students will be permitted to take the exam – no exceptions.
- When the exam begins the doors will close.
- For late arrivals, the doors will open a second time, 30 minutes after the exam has begun – no exceptions. Students will not be compensated for the 30 minutes that they have lost.
- The exam invigilator will provide instructions for the exam, and decide where each student is to be seated. Only the sheets of papers provided by the invigilator are permitted.
- Bags and garments, as well as mobile phones and other smart devices must be stored at an assigned location during the exam.
- Out of consideration for those with allergies, avoid bringing peanuts or wearing strong perfumes.
Cheating and disruptive behaviour
- All suspected cheating and disruptive behaviour will be reported to the Disciplinary Board
- Students who disturb or obstruct examination will be forced to stop their own exam and leave the room.
How to retrieve a graded exam
Graded exams can be picked up at your department. The lecturer will inform you of the details that apply to your course.
All re-sits also require registration in Kronox. The registration will open 21 days before the exam and close 7 days before the examination date. If you can't find the course you want to register to under the tab Exams, send an email to email@example.com.
Information about how to submit and retrieve take-home exams will be provided by teaching staff when applicable.