IN ORDER OF EVENT DATE
Please note these are not exchanges but summer schools, or short term experiences, and therefore generally all tuition and other fees are to be paid by the student unless otherwise stated. It cannot be guaranteed that credits will be transferred upon return. Please check with your Faculty/Department/School regarding this.
Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland
We hereby invite you on an adventure in Finland. Academic Adventures is a phenomenal event focused on new level of entrepreneurship and innovation education. So pack your bags and head to the heart of Finland, Tampere in May 2017.
Tampere University of Applied Sciences now offers you a fantastic opportunity to get to know to one of its most special units: Proakatemia and R&D&I. Proakatemia is a dividual unit for entrepreneurship and team leadership, that approaches the traditional way of learning in a whole new way.
- Classrooms are replaced with open offices.
- Students have training sessions instead of lectures.
- The teachers work actually as coaches, and observe the learning process while the students are helping each other improve themselves.
No lectures, no lessons, no exams? Can it really work? It can, and it has. Book your place now to one of the most interesting education event of 2017. See you soon!
Academic Adventures international week
European University Viadrina (Frankfurt/Oder) Germany
31 May - 14 July, 2017 (6 weeks)
Summer School: Ambivalences of Europeanization - Concepts, Conflicts & Challenges
Students can choose from 8 courses, each worth 6 ECTS. The summer school is aimed at undergraduate students in European Studies, Global Studies, History, Social Studies, Cultural Studies, Business Administration & Economics.
- Participation fee includes accommodation, 2 courses (6 ECTS each), lunches during the week, cultural visits and social events*
- Deadline for online application at the Viadrina: March 5, 2017
- Tuition waived for students from partner institutions
- All courses are held in English, syllabi available on our website
More information and online application
Summer School Programmes, Kingston University, UK
- Kingston University Summer School - 4 weeks, credit bearing.
5 July - 6 August, 2017
Kingston University Summer School
- Kingston University Summer School with English - 2 weeks, non-credit bearing. 23 July - 6 August, 2017
Summer School with English language option
- 3 Fashion Cities Short Course – 3 weeks of fashion study in London, Paris and Rome
24 June - 15 July 2017
Short courses at Kingston University
International Summer Studies Programme, University of Freiburg, Germany
5-30 June, 2017
In cooperation with our close partner, the University of Education in Basel, we organise a summer school from June 5th till June 30th 2017.
- Venues: Freiburg Germany (5 – 17 June) and Basel Switzerland (17 – 30 June)
- Total ECTS Creditpoints: 12
- All courses are taught in English
- Inclusion, power relations, inequalities and justice, June 5th - 9th
- Inclusive Education – regional, national and international perspectives on inclusive school development, June 12th - 16th
- Public History: Monuments as sites of social debate on inclusion and exclusion, June 19th - 23rd
- Life Skills Education, Human rights education and Inclusion, June 25th - 30th
University of Freiburg international Summer Studies Programme
Summer Seminar on Heretics, Converts and Infidels: Political, Cultural and Social Aspects of Religion in ‘Shared Worlds’, The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (AUTH), Greece
In partnership with Charles University (Prague) and the support of Princeton University, the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO Cyprus Centre), the LSEE unit ‘Research on South Eastern Europe’ and the Chair of Jewish Studies (School of Philosophy AUTH)
19-30 June, 2017
The program offers 60 hours of teaching and outdoor activities and a long weekend at the camping site of AUTH in Halkidiki. The making, the presence and the future of the eternal and often dramatic interaction between religion, culture, politics and diplomacy is the topic of our 2017 summer seminar. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to forge valuable connections with one another and with senior scholars working on historical, cultural, social and political aspects of religion.
Chinese University of Hong Kong International Summer School, Hong Kong, China
25 June - 2 August, 2017
The July Session offers a wide range of academic courses in the areas of business & management, China studies, Chinese language (Cantonese & Putonghua), environment, science & technology, and humanities & social science. A wealth of cultural activities will be available to students, including an optional 4-day tour to Beijing at the end of the programme.
Cost: Approximately USD1200
Chinese University of Hong Kong
4 August - 26 August, 2017
The August Session offers intensive Chinese language training. Students will be able to acquire pragmatic competence through classroom learning and immersion activities. Opportunities will also be available for students to take field trips to Macau, Shenzhen or different cultural sites in Hong Kong to practice their language skills.
Cost: Approximately USD800
Chinese University of Hong Kong August Session
Campus Eiffel Summer programs, Paris, France
Campus Eiffel welcomes participants from around the world in different disciplines who have the curiosity to learn the French language, French general and business cultures or the French engineering industries.
Choose among 3 main topics: French | Enginering | Business
The institutions present on Campus Eiffel are three of the French “Grandes Ecoles”, one institute technology and and a School of Advanced International and Political Studies :
- ECE Paris – Graduate School of Engineering
- ESCE Paris – International Business School (Groupe ESCE)
- EBS Paris – European Business School
- ECE TECH - School of Technology
Campus Eiffel Summer program
University of London, UK: UCL Summer School
2 July - 11 August, 2017
Every summer, UCL welcomes students from around the world to study for credit in the heart of London. The UCL Summer School is divided into two Sessions, each spanning three weeks. You can choose to attend Session One, Session Two or both. All students study one module per Session. Each module offers 45 contact hours (15 hours per week), and students are expected to spend an additional 100 hours on assignments and independent study. Class sizes are kept small to encourage interaction with tutors and classmates.
All UCL Summer School modules are worth 0.5 course units in the UCL system. A 0.5 course unit is equivalent to 4 credits in the US system, 7.5 ECTS in the European system and 15 credits in the UK system.
At the end of the programme, all students will receive a UCL transcript and certification of attendance. Upon completion of the programme, students will also be granted the status of UCL Associate Alumni.
Applications opened on Thursday, 1 December 2016
UCL Summer School
International Summer School on Global Challenges. University of Trento, Italy
2 - 15 July, 2017
We are offering a reduced participation fee reserved to students coming from UniTrento partner universities (only 350,00 Euros!), meant to cover living and lodging costs during the 2 weeks in Trento. Travel from abroad to Trento is excluded, and has to be organizaed autonomously.
The summer school is open to master and senior bachelor students with a background in social sciences and humanities.
International Summer school on Global Challenges
Summer Schools, University of Lincoln, UK
2 - 15 July, 2017
Choose from one of the following programmes:
- Filmmaking – Use high end equipment to develop crucial film production skills including scriptwriting, producing, directing, and cinematography, sound and post production. Experience expert tuition from professionals and take a behind the scenes look at major UK film studios.
- Drama: Stage and Screen Combat – Take part in an exciting opportunity to learn the techniques and skills of stage and screen combat plus earn a qualification in Unarmed Combat. Visit iconic drama venues and perform open air scenes in the historic surroundings of nearby Newark Castle.
- Animation – Tackle key aspects of design and production including character creation, storyboarding and 3D animation, plus enjoy exclusive use of our specialised facilities and take part in practical workshops delivered by industry professionals.
The above three courses are suitable for participants of undergraduate programmes and are designed for an international cohort. No previous experience necessary.
- Architecture – Challenge perceptions of design theory and practice, learn critical thinking and gain an overview of the tools needed in the representation of architectural ideas. Receive professional guidance and take part in practical workshops using Auto CAD, Photoshop, laser cutting, 3D printing and 3D scanning. Ideal for students wishing to take on postgraduate architectural study in the UK.
Further highlights include:
- Interesting field trips relevant to each subject
- Practical workshops delivered by industry professionals
- Visits to Lincoln’s famous Cathedral, Castle, galleries and museums
Accommodation is provided in a single en-suite room, with Wi-Fi and a shared fully equipped kitchen. Our accommodation is situated at the heart of the University’s stunning city-centre, waterside campus, a short walk from the University’s academic buildings, sports centre and social venues.
University of Lincoln Summer Schools
Contact the Summer School team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For group bookings (more than 10), please contact the summer school team for the latest fees.
University of Bayreuth, Germany: Bayreuth International Summer School (BISS)
2 - 15 July, 2017
BISS welcomes students from all over the world to join our courses at the campus of the University of Bayreuth. Organized by the Campus-Akademie in corporation with the International Office, five courses are offered with renowned national and international lecturers.
- Economics & Management
- African Studies
- Public Health & Environment
- Energy & Climate
- Polymer Science & Engineering
Application possible from 15 January to 30 April
Early bird rate: € 1,200 (until 28 February)
Regular rate: € 1,320
Rate includes: course fees, accomodation, lunch, welcome and farewell dinner, field trip
Field trip to Berlin from 7 to 9 July
Optional field trip from 16 to 17 July
Bayreuth International Summer School
Business Innovation Summer Programme, University of Vic, Spain
in partnership with Cologne Business School (CBS)
2 - 22 July, 2017
Our programme is designed for undergraduate students who have completed one year or more of international business management, marketing or advertising studies. Furthermore, students need to meet our minimum English language requirements if English is not your first language.
2 - 12 July in Cologne, Germany
12 - 22 July in Barcelona, Spain
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 April 2017
CREDITS: 6 ECTS / 3 US Credits
- Module 1: Business in Europe
- Module 2: Case Studies in International Companies
- Module 3: Cross Cultural Communication
- Module 4: Smart Cities
- Module 5: Lean Startup
- Module 6: Design Thinking
Business Innovation Summer Programme
UPEC Summer school 2017, Université Paris-Est Créteil Val de Marne, France
3 - 13 July, 2017
The program will take place during 2 weeks. It offers intensive academic and professional courses taught by skilled professors and the best specialists in their fields. During this edition, 6 courses in the most renowned scientific areas of our university are available. All the courses are taught in English (unless otherwise stated) and an initiation of French language is offered to all the students.
- Science and Technology:
Environmental Physics: theory and instrumentation
- Economics and management:
European and French Business Economic Environment
- Arts, Social and Human Sciences:
IMPACT : International media, Political Action & Communication technologies
- Philosophy, Health and Economics: Politics, Ethics and Health Economics
- French langage:
French language for foreigner
French language in major French industries: Fashion and « le Luxe »
The courses workload represents approximatively 50 hours (30 hours of courses and about 20 hours of personal work). The completion of the chosen course enables students to obtain 3 ECTS (European credits).
Ever heard of a « Serious game jam »? Students will experience a multicultural hackaton to design serious games. Our engineering school offers to gather all the students from every course for one full day, working and designing in team works serious games. This activity is designed to increase the team spirit and to strengthen social cohesion. More information on http://gamixlab.fr/
Please check this page for more details on fees: http://summerschool.u-pec.fr/calendar-registration/tuition-and-fees/
The Summer School fees include accommodation (if needed) and lunches, local transportation in Paris area, social and cultural activities, and many other services. A 15% discount is offered to our partner universities’ students.
UPEC Summer school
University of Ljubljana, Slovenia: Ljubljana Summer School
3 - 21 July, 2017
We are pleased to inform you that the 18th Ljubljana Summer School Take the Best from East and West will take place from 3 July to 21 July 2017 at the Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia.
Students are welcome to choose among 29 academically challenging and intellectually stimulating courses on Bachelor's and Master's Level. In addition to company visits from different industries or services, our rich optional programme offers a variety of social activities and organized weekend trips around Slovenia and neighbouring countries.
Ljubljana Summer School
Brochure: Ljubljana Summer School 2017.pdf
Osnabrück University, Germany: International Summer Schools
7 - 30 July, 2017
This year we are offering the following courses, each being credited with 6 ETCS
Good reasons to join their programs
- Two well-established Summer Schools of high academic quality
- All subject-specific courses are taught in English
- A rich cultural and recreational program
- German language and culture course provided
- A buddy program with local students
- A chance to live in a safe, historic and open-minded town in the heart of Europe
Please apply on their website by April 2, 2017.
Price: 1,500 EUR including tuition, German course, housing, cultural program and meal subsidy
Osnabrück International Summer Schools
Summer University Lingen (SUL)
9 - 22 July, 2017
During this English program, international and German students will deal with the topic “Management in a global environment” in theory and practice. A highlight will be the visits of international companies located in the region. In addition, many activities and a weekend trip to Berlin enables the participants to get to know each other as well as the region and contribute to a unique experience.
More information and application
Video from Summer University Lingen 2015
Applications can be submitted until June 11th 2017. International students have the possibility to apply for a scholarship.
Please contact the Summer University Team (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
The Europa-Universität Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) Faculty of Law, Germany: The European System of Human Rights Protection
9 - 22 July, 2017
This Summer Course, held in English, will deal in detail specifically with the European system of human rights protection. Although there are numerous summer courses and other special study programs within Europe on human rights protection, this course provides an integrated treatment of the various European systems and of specifically European issues of human rights protection.
The other participants are the Universities of Wales Aberystwyth and Lancaster (United Kingdom), Rotterdam (Netherlands), Barcelona (Spain), Ljubljana and Maribor (Slovenia), Salzburg (Austria), and the German Red Cross.
We will provide 10 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) Points for the participation at our Summer Course.
The total fee for the program is 490 EURO. This charge includes:- fulltuition costs;- accommodation for full period of the program;- all meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
More information and application
Australian Catholic University (ACU), Australia: July School 2017
10 - 21 July, 2017
Want to make good use of your July vacation? Discover Sydney, Australia and fast-track your studies with the International ACU July School!
- The ACU July School gives you an opportunity to have an intense experience living and studying in Sydney, Australia. Learn all about life on campus, meet friends and combine your studies with an exciting social program in one of the world’s most spectacular cities!
- Undertake this as a short-term study abroad program, or combine it with a full semester of studies at ACU
- If you are already planning to study at ACU, you can reduce your study load during semester by completing one unit intensively in two weeks in July - a range of interesting units (courses) are available
- Study face-to-face with excellent teachers in small classes
- Join classes and excursions with Australian and other international students
- Receive an official ACU transcript
- We can book affordable short-term accommodation through ACU ready for your arrival in Sydney if required
ACU July School Details
Location: All classes will be held at ACU - North Sydney Campus
Duration: Two weeks (10-21 July 2017)
Hours: 25 - 36 hours in total (class and practical)
Credit: Each unit is 10 ACU credit points
Costs: AUD$2365 (students from ACU partner universities are entitled to a reduced tuition fee of AUD$1890)
ACU July School
Apply for ACU July School
University of Applied Sciences of Upper Austria: 4th International Summer Academy in Engineering for Women - ISAE4W
11 - 26 July, 2017
The International Summer Academy for Women in Engineering (ISAE4W) offers an ideal opportunity for a selected group of highly-motivated and talented women (high school, college or undergraduate students) to experience top-class and challenging university-level coursework.
The Academy’s intensive, two and a half week programme combines sophisticated theory with hands-on practical experience in engineering, informatics and natural sciences. In addition to knowledge transfer in these fields, social, cross-cultural and gender aspects are covered and discussed during lectures and workshops. Each participant can choose from one of three specializations:
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computer Science and Informatics
A team of highly qualified academic staff from our university as well as from other universities and organisations will provide scientific and technical background on workshop topics and information about the role of women in science and their opportunities in scientific careers.
- Broaden technical and scientific knowledge
- Earn academic credit (4 ECTS)
- Improve language und intercultural skills
- International contacts
- Creativity, fun and experience
- Target group: women from 18 to 25
- Language of instruction: English
- Venue: University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, School of Engineering, Stelzhamerstraße 23, 4600 Wels, Austria / Europe
- Costs: € 780,- including tuition fees, room for the entire stay, meals on weekdays (weekends are free for individual activities), numerous excursions
- Application: Online from now until April 30th, 2017. Applicants will be notified about the outcome of the review and selection-process by May 8th, 2017.
Please note that due to limited capacities a maximum of two students per specialization and a total of four students per institution can be accepted. Acceptance decisions will be made exclusively based on the students’ qualifications and the fit with the offered specialization. Competitive entry!
University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
Join on facebook
Or contact by email
International Summer University, Hochschule Osnabrück University of Applied Sciences, Germany
13 July - 4 August, 2017
This exciting, three-week long International Summer University is taught in English. It takes place from July 13 until August 4, 2017 and will focus on the following specializations:
At Bachelor's level:
- Global Marketing Management
- Economics of Globalization
- Cultural Management
- Corporate Finance
- Clinical Perspectives in Physiotherapy
At Master's level:
- Global Healthcare Management
One specialization must be selected by all participants. Your specialization is then combined with classes on German language and a lecture on "Germany in a Global Context". Company visits, study trips (e.g. Berlin, Amsterdam, Paris), and cultural events complete the program. International students taking one of the specializations as a study abroad option will receive 5 ECTS credit points.
More information and application
Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences and Goethe University, Germany: International Summer University (ISU)
16 July - 12 August, 2017
The ISU Frankfurt program has two academic tracks students can choose from:
- European Finance
- European Studies
The European Finance track is mainly for undergraduate and graduate students studying Business, Economics, or Finance. The European Studies program is open to undergraduate students studying Humanities and Social Sciences. All classes are taught entirely in English.
ISU students also benefit from the numerous financial institutions located in Frankfurt. We will take field trips to the European Central Bank (ECB), the German Central Bank, and the German Stock Exchange.
Each academic program consists of two seminars, each worth 3 ECTS points (6 ECTS points total).
ISU students also participate in German language courses (3 ECTS points) corresponding to their language capabilities.
The entire ISU Frankfurt Program (Academic Program + German language classes) is worth up to 9 ECTS points.
ISU Frankfurt Costs:
The total program fee for ISU Frankfurt 2017 is €2100. This includes:
- Tuition (up to 9 ECTS points)
- Cultural Program
Early Bird Registration
Start planning your summer as soon as possible and save some money! Students who register before April 14, 2017 pay €1800 for the program fee.
Students who are enrolled at partner universities of Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences or Goethe University are eligible for a reduced program fee of €1800.
International Summer University Frankfurt
Inha UniversitySummer School, Incheon, Korea
17 July - 4 August, 2017
Inha University annually offers a summer school program as a part of its goal to enhanced global education. The summer program was first initiated in 2004 to provide overseas college students with hands-on opportunities to learn the Korean language and experience the cultural and academic life in Korea.
This short-term, intensive program mainly consists of classroom lectures, visits to corporate sites and field trips to cultural and historic places. Through the coursework, international students will have opportunities to better understand the dynamic aspects of Korean society in the past, present and future.
Cost: USD 1260
Inha University Summer School Program